Approximately half of your budget will be used for purchasing your SmartPads home. The other half will be managed by your General Contractor (GC) and will include foundation, excavation, utilities infrastructure, landscaping, driveways, retaining walls, local labor, and materials. An easily accessible, level lot with utilities nearby require the least amount of site preparation.
Consider these three groups when putting together your overall budget.
- Contracting with a GC
- Securing local building permits
- Clearing trees and boulders
- Installing sewer or septic
- Installing utilities
- Excavation & backfill
Your SmartPads home includes
- Virtually completed exterior – siding, windows, soffit, fascia, & roof (depending on the design)
- Virtually completed interior – installed flooring, trim, doors, textured walls (to your specification), paint, cabinets installed, countertops installed, all kitchen appliances installed, & plumbing & electrical finishes installed
- Driveway & walkways
- Site-built patios & decks
- Landscaping and irrigation
- Solar panels